24 Apr 2014

two steps back and one forward

The end of the final year of my dance studies is approaching, and I am catching myself doing some weird mind dancing with performed choreography titled 'two steps back and one forward'. This involves looking back at things I have learned and gained as well as what did not. And suddenly it seems that I am having balance with minus.
Would it be just me being anxious about the future or it is so common and popular syndrome of pre-graduation?
However, there are many jobs to be done before I can call myself graduate. In preparation to my Final Major Project, I am reminded about one of the readings given in class 'A Sense of Place: Reflection on the Role of Environment in Dance Movement Therapy' by Sandra Reeve where she talks about 'embodied' living referring on Halprin:
'Embodied - means to feel oneself through bodily felt responses in the moment...ultimately the embodied life would be one in which the physical body, feelings and mind are being expressed creatively in congruence with each other and with the changing nature of reality'.
In relation to this quote and some recent discussion with my Final Major Project tutor I have a question ( Voila! No surprises!) : How to stay embodied (including everything mentioned above) and tuned in into the ever changing reality and not get into the certain state of performing?

No comments:

Post a Comment